Earlier this year I had the pleasure of lettering Lauren & Matt’s wedding signs and place cards. Subtle gold leaf elements were added throughout the place cards and signage to tie in with their brass and gold theme. Wishing love and happily ever after to Lauren and Matt x
This weekend I’ll be heading down to Bowral and Bulli for two markets! I haven’t been down at Bowral for a few months so I’m exciting to show you the new goodies I have. Looking forward to it 🙂
I recently joined up to learn about selling stationery wholesale (run by Modern Thrive) and today I watched my first live online workshop. Today the lovely Carrie Gifford and Hal Mertz from Red Cap Cards gave great advice on how they started up. I got a lot out of this talk and one thing that really struck home with me was this quote ‘Grow Organically’. In this day an age were constantly believing that we should be somewhere right now in our business. I love that you can still take your time and be successful.
Thanks again for your wisdom and wonderful advice Hal and Carrie. This is one for the wall!
Sunday 6th – The Farms Market 10am – 3pm
Saturday 12th – Bowral Public School 8am – 1pm
Sunday 13th – Foragers Market (Bulli) 9am – 2pm
Friday 25th – Tharawal Public School Twilight Xmas Market 5pm – 9pm
Saturday 26th – Bowral Public School 8am – 1pm
Day #2 for the #InstaTideChallenge ! My workspace is less than 5 centimeters away from my bed. I work at home in my super small bedroom – which is always full of paper. On my desk, on my floor, even on my bed you name it. These are always the scraps that I doodle on to test out new styles or some new quotes. Today my desk is definitely a whole lot cleaner.
My #dailyroutine usually starts of with me getting out of bed around 7.30ish in the morning. I get dressed make myself some vegemite on toast (typical aussie kid) with a cold glass of milk. The ipod always goes on and I start #lettering. After this depending on the day, I’ll be foiling cards that need restocking for the weekend’s market, staining wood, painting signs, packaging new prints, inventory, sending artwork to print, checking emails and following up clients. The list goes on but there is generally no routine to my day. That’s the beauty of working for yourself – you never know what the day might hold. Around 11am I do however, always make myself a hot chocolate.
What about you guys? What is your daily routine like? Do you guys like @vegemite?
Happy #makewavesmonday ! Little behind here down under but I’m keen to join in the fun for the #InstaTideChallenge with @risingtidesociety
Incase you don’t know me or are new to @littlehoothoot I’m Bec and I’m a wedding stationery designer specialising in hand lettering. I also make and sell cards and prints.
Here are 5 fun facts about me:
1. I’m a lover of chocolate. So much that whenever there is a family birthday I can tell if there is chocolate wrapped up for the birthday boy or girl
2. You know how people can’t function without their coffee in the morning? Well, I can’t function without a nice cold glass of milk.
3. I LOVE Disney. Don’t ever make me pick which Disney movie to watch because I honestly can’t decide!
4. I used to be VERY scared of dogs. I always thought they were cute and loved them from a far but just would never go near them. 5 years ago our family got our first dog – I honestly love Rüger to death and constantly can’t stop hugging the little cutie! Fear of dogs overcome ?
5. When I’m not lettering you can find me playing netball (like a goof) or watching the basketball. I’ve been watching it for years and still have no clue of the rules. But I always love going to support my Sydney team
That’s a little about me – I’d love to hear about you guys. Tell me some interesting facts about you ☺
I love it when pens start to go scratchy! Here’s a little positive encouragement to get you through the rest of the week
I’ll be at Sculptures at Killalea on Saturday and Sunday this weekend. Come down and support local artists and have a picnic on the hill.
Littlehoothoot is the design work of Sydney based designer Bec Conlon. A passionate lover of type and all things design.